United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com
"The World's Ultimate Outdoor Adventure Indoors"

• Home
  • Outfitters
  • Site Features
  • U.O.A.

Win A Free Hunt - Click Here

WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
Admin

• Total Posts : 142
  • Reward points : 0
WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:27 AM ( #1 )
We have an official winner of the Free Manitoba Archery Whitetail Hunt with Monty McKenzie of McKenzie Outfitters.

CONGRATULATIONS to: Bowman_No4 (Dave Jones)

At 12:45 a.m., Saturday morning, January 15, 2011, Bowman_No4, was selected from 14 qualifying Talk Forum Member names.  The names were arranged in no particular order and were assigned a number from 1 to 14.  The numbers were written on same-sized pieces of paper and were folded once and placed in a bin.  The bin was spun countless times to evenly shuffle the same-sized pieces of paper with numbers 1 to 14.  One number was chosen -- #10 -- and that number matched up with Bowman_No4 (Dave Jones).  We contacted Bowman_No4 (Dave Jones) by E mail and confirmed him as the winner by telephone.

Thank you very much to everyone who participated in this promotion, and we look forward to offering another Free Hunt promotion very soon!

U.O.A. Staff
Admin

• Total Posts : 142
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:30 AM ( #2 )
Here are the names of the qualifying Talk Forum Members and the number that each one was assigned, along with the number of posts each member ended up with at the end of the contest:

dodgeman_29
Dennis Dodge 
New Member - Spike Buck 202                    IN THE DRAWING (1)

weyyeager
william yeager 
New Member - Spike Buck 446                    IN THE DRAWING (2)

ko4925
Kraig Osborne 
New Member - Spike Buck 286                    IN THE DRAWING (3)

deadeyerik
Rick 
Associate Member - Fork Horn 991              IN THE DRAWING (4)

wk71
willie karnes 
New Member - Spike Buck 412                     IN THE DRAWING (5)

kwhitten
Kent Whitten 
New Member - Spike Buck 454                     IN THE DRAWING (6)

O the Umanity
Jamie Bradley 
Associate Member - Fork Horn 982               IN THE DRAWING (7)

txbhunter1sbcglobal 
Gary Scheel 
Junior Member - 140" 8 Pointer 2398           IN THE DRAWING (8)

snytrophyhunter
John Snyder 
New Member - Spike Buck 495                      IN THE DRAWING (9)

WINNER: Bowman_No4
Dave Jones 
Associate Member - Fork Horn 502                IN THE DRAWING (10)

reasgunsverizon.net
Jim Rea 
New Member - Spike Buck 389                      IN THE DRAWING (11)

orduckhunter
Dick Melear 
New Member - Spike Buck 453                      IN THE DRAWING (12)

shadow61
Associate Member - Fork Horn 763                IN THE DRAWING (13)

car
Ron Sexton 
New Member - Spike Buck 466                      IN THE DRAWING (14)

NOTE: Topgun 3006 had enough posts to qualify, but was NOT included in the drawing per the back-to-back rule, which dictates that no Talk Forum member can win back-to-back promotions to keep everything fair, impartial and evenhanded for all Talk Forum Members.

U.O.A. Staff
weyyeager

• Total Posts : 566
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:32 AM ( #3 )
Congratulations Dave hope you have the hunt of a life time.
snytrophyhunter

• Total Posts : 632
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:36 AM ( #4 )
Congratulations Dave. have a great hunt and get that BIG one!!!!

OK guys lets start working on the next giveaway
The freshest tracks still have feet in them.
txbhunter1@sbcglobal

• Total Posts : 2716
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 5:03 AM ( #5 )
Congrats Dave. Maybe you can get one of the other camera guys to film this one for you for the show. Have a great hunt man. Now off to the stand I go.
Gary Scheel
NAHC LM,RMEF LM,NRA Member, Lonestar Bowhunter, TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member
shadow61

• Total Posts : 862
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:40 AM ( #6 )
  Congrats, Dave!!!  

[link=http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_&utm_id=7920][/link]
Jeff
car

• Total Posts : 538
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:30 AM ( #7 )
Congrats Dave. Shoot a big one for all of us.
Topgun 3006

• Total Posts : 1819
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:34 AM ( #8 )
That is cool and a big Congrats for Dave!!!  I missed reading the back-to-back rule, but I would have dropped out if my sorry azz had been picked again anyway, LOL!  We need to spread it around to all the good folks here at UOA and again a thanks to Steve and Monty.  I can guarantee Monty will be a great host for a super week up there at the ranch!!!  PS:  Look out if there is another contest next year though, hah!!!
Mike Stephenson
aka Topgun----30-06
wk71

• Total Posts : 447
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:54 AM ( #9 )
Congrats Dave. Hope you have fun.
my family is my life
Willie
orduckhunter

• Total Posts : 458
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:36 AM ( #10 )
congrats Dave!
that sounds like a terrific trip - bag a big one!

and thanks again to Steve and Monty, and anyone else who made this possible!
McKenzie Outfitters

• Total Posts : 253
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:59 AM ( #11 )
Congrat's Dave
Looking forward to it...I seem to enjoy helping others get the deer as much as harvesting my own now!
Wish EVERYONE  could win!
What I can do is any of you wanting too come for a hunt I will give you a heck of a deal...
Not sure at this time I will commit to donating another trip for next year....will have to weigh my options  & also see what Steve says as well.
Again Congratulations Dave & we will do the best we can to get you a great trophy.
O the Umanity

• Total Posts : 1035
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 1:16 PM ( #12 )
Yah, BIG congrats, Dave ... NOW ... a werd frum a different area ...

Keep in mind that when y'all get to the hunt, that y'all will be closer to where I live than any other forumite ... I'm guessin' without actually lookin' it up that it's about (only) 200  miles frum Monty's place to mine, AND ... even much closer (100+ miles OR LESS) frum where our farmland is ... THEREFORE ... (and NOT to take time away frum your outing with Monty & gang), mebbe we might have a slight chance for at least sharin' a cuppa coffee, if not sum actual huntin' time ...

Only a thot, but if time pressure isn't too much, keep it in mind ... I'll send y'all my phone # if that'd be of any help ...

Question: How y'all plannin' to travel? Seems as if I recall sumthin' about flyin' in to Winterpeg, but Minot is actually a bit nearer to Brandon, IIRC ... whutever ... merely curious ... but if driving is your option of choice ... well, coffee @ the truck stop?
All of life is six-to-five against, just enough to keep you interested. (Damon Runyan)

Gravity makes all the important decisions ... (John R. Powers)

NRA, REMF, PF, NAHC-L, NAFC-L, KC, NPPA
deadeyerik

• Total Posts : 1039
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:40 PM ( #13 )
Congrats Dave. Make em turn the camera around on you this time.. And don't miss. LOL You'll have a good time with Monty.
Thanks to Steve and Monty for the chance.
txbhunter1@sbcglobal

• Total Posts : 2716
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:38 PM ( #14 )
Yes, thanks to Steve and Monty for hosting the hunt and the contest.  It was a heck of an incentive to stay active on the site. Not that that was my reason, but for all of the new guys here, a chance to get in on some good hunting and some great folks on the BB and possibly win something. A great big thanks to Steve for staying with it and getting us back up and going after some sorry #@#@$%$#$#$# hacked it to death. I look forward to another great yr with all of y'all here at the "Worlds Greatest Hunting Forum".
Gary Scheel
NAHC LM,RMEF LM,NRA Member, Lonestar Bowhunter, TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member
Stevealb1948

• Total Posts : 216
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:45 PM ( #15 )
Cnograts Dave, hope you have  great hunt. It really sounds like Monty & Steve go out of their way to make it an awsome experience.
Steve Albers
TheExtremeArcher

• Total Posts : 1912
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 3:45 AM ( #16 )
O the Umanity

Yah, BIG congrats, Dave ... NOW ... a werd frum a different area ...

Keep in mind that when y'all get to the hunt, that y'all will be closer to where I live than any other forumite ... I'm guessin' without actually lookin' it up that it's about (only) 200  miles frum Monty's place to mine, AND ... even much closer (100+ miles OR LESS) frum where our farmland is ... THEREFORE ... (and NOT to take time away frum your outing with Monty & gang), mebbe we might have a slight chance for at least sharin' a cuppa coffee, if not sum actual huntin' time ...

Only a thot, but if time pressure isn't too much, keep it in mind ... I'll send y'all my phone # if that'd be of any help ...

Question: How y'all plannin' to travel? Seems as if I recall sumthin' about flyin' in to Winterpeg, but Minot is actually a bit nearer to Brandon, IIRC ... whutever ... merely curious ... but if driving is your option of choice ... well, coffee @ the truck stop?

Hey, O!

Thanks for the invite!  It's a LONG 11 1/2 hour, 774 mile drive for me from Springfield, Missouri to Fargo, North Dakota where I lay over.  I am usually a tired, ornery mess when I arrive in Fargo, so I normally check in to the Holiday Inn Express, grab a bite to eat at either Arby's or Subway and hit the sack to rest up for the remainder of the trip in the morning. 

Maybe we can set up a meeting on the way back home though?  Would like to sit down for a beverage and shoot the B.S. with ya for awhile, if time will allow it.

We'll keep in touch and talk more as the time draws near.

Thanks again!

Take care and Good Hunting!

Best Afield,

Steve

TheExtremeArcher

• Total Posts : 1912
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 4:41 AM ( #17 )
Thank you for all of the positive responses, and thank you all for being a part of our outstanding online community!!  We really appreciate each and every one of you!!  You ALL are the exact type of people that I envisioned would one day become the "regular visitors" of our site. 

It always awes and inspires me to see and read the posts that you share with each other, knowing that all of you are openly willing to share your ideas and suggestions with your fellow Talk Forum Members, and to lend any level of help when that help is needed.  It also reinforces the fact that I made the right decision in starting this web site!     

I will try to work out all of the logistics and set up another Free Hunt promotion as soon as I can, so that you guys and gals can look forward to vying for and winning another awesome outdoor adventure. 

We're also working on some other giveaways as well, like custom-made FORAHUNT.com hats and shirts, and more, for our much appreciated Talk Forum Members!  I'll keep you posted over the next few months on our progress.

Once again, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!  And, an extra SPECIAL THANKS to Monty McKenzie of McKenzie Outfitters for putting such an awesome whitetail hunt up for grabs!!! 

Take care and Good Hunting!

Best Afield,

Steve

<message edited by TheExtremeArcher on Monday, January 17, 2011 5:14 PM>
wk71

• Total Posts : 447
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 7:59 AM ( #18 )
Thank you both for do this. I may not have won, but if it was not for Steve and Monty none of us would have had the chance.
my family is my life
Willie
kwhitten

• Total Posts : 464
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 3:29 PM ( #19 )
Dave,
I offer my congrats as well and honestly believe that every one of us that didn't win is proud to "know" the one that did. Have fun, and you will be aiming with all our 'collective' eyes! No way you can miss!!  lol
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

NAHC-L, NRA
Bowman_No4

• Total Posts : 543
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 6:33 PM ( #20 )
Sorry for the slow response time folks.  Had to take an emergency trip on Sunday to Alabama because of an ailing Grandmother.  She is not doing great but she is a tough 91 year old who is not ready to give up just yet.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations!!!  I woke up early on Sat. because of a noisy cat chasing something in the living room.  I opened my email and saw the winner notification.  I ACTUALLY get to hunt for ME!!!! This will be a welcome addition to my hunting next season.  This past season was all to short for personal hunt time.

Thank you Steve and Monty for the opportunity to go to the Great White North and chase a big'un!!!

Thanks again everyone and God Bless!

Dave 
Love playing that string music and sending a Muzzy flying!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll
  • Submit Vote
  • Post reward post
  • Delete my own posts
  • Delete my own threads
  • Rate post

© 2000-2009 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.6

Home  |   About U.O.A.  |   Sponsors  |   Outfitter Directory  |   Online Hunts  |   Outfitter News  |   Advertise  |   Contact U.O.A.  |   Legal
For optimal viewing, please disable pop-up blockers and use Internet Explorer Vs. 6.0.
This site requires the Adobe Flash Plugin Vs. 8 or newer.  Download Plugin Here
All pages Copyright 2006 - 2009 United Outfitters Association
Site by United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com