United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com
"The World's Ultimate Outdoor Adventure Indoors"

• Home
  • Outfitters
  • Site Features
  • U.O.A.

Win A Free Hunt - Click Here

WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version
TheExtremeArcher

• Total Posts : 1912
  • Reward points : 0
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 17, 2011 11:46 PM ( #21 )
Dave:

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother.  I hope she recovers soon and continues to live on a long time.

Prayers are sent your and her way.

I lost my last Grandmother a few years ago and it was hard.  Thankfully, I made a trip back up to Wisconsin with my wife, Michelle -- before she was my wife -- to introduce Michelle to the family, and Michelle said the best part about the entire trip was meeting my Grandma.  Awesome memories!

I wish your Grandmother the best.

Take care and Good Hunting!

Best Afield,

Steve 
dodgeman_29

• Total Posts : 232
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:40 PM ( #22 )
Sorry  fellas. I missed out on all the whooping and hollerin here. Congrats Dave! I hope you have the trip of a lifetime. Do us proud!
Good luck, be safe and shoot straight

dodgeman_29
McKenzie Outfitters

• Total Posts : 253
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:22 AM ( #23 )
Sorry to hear about your Grand mother Dave....Steve it would be cool for you to get some UOA gear out.
txbhunter1@sbcglobal

• Total Posts : 2716
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:59 PM ( #24 )
Are you gonna do some kind of store front on here Steve?  That would be cool for the UOA gear.
Gary Scheel
NAHC LM,RMEF LM,NRA Member, Lonestar Bowhunter, TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member
TheExtremeArcher

Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Monday, January 24, 2011 10:23 PM ( #25 )
Gary and Mont:

Yeah, there are plans to start selling some UOA gear on here as well as other archery and hunting gear, but I want to get some stuff out to our Talk Forum Members as well in some sort of a free giveaway. 

I have to find the right company to do the work as far as embroidery and silk screening go around here, and then I have to figure out the budget.  I'm hoping to be able to do something right around hunting season this year.

Best Afield,

Steve

txbhunter1@sbcglobal

• Total Posts : 2716
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:30 PM ( #26 )
Steve,
 I have a lady down here that does both, embroidery and screening. She has done me great on all of the stuff I have had done for TexasHogHunters. If you would like, send me some ideas on what you would like to have done for clothing and I'll get a good price. I also have a graphics guy for window decals that is extremely reasonable on his prices. Just let me know. 

www.screamingtees.com

www.connetgraphics.com
<message edited by txbhunter1@sbcglobal on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:37 PM>
Gary Scheel
NAHC LM,RMEF LM,NRA Member, Lonestar Bowhunter, TexasHogHunter Pro Staff Member
TheExtremeArcher

Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:26 AM ( #27 )
Gary:

Right on!  Thanks, man!

Best Afield,

Steve
car

• Total Posts : 538
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:58 PM ( #28 )
Sounds good to me!
McKenzie Outfitters

• Total Posts : 253
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:21 AM ( #29 )
Hey O the Umanity
just got back from road trip & banquet in your great state.
where do you live & where is your farm?
I would enjoy taking time out & having a coffee with ya.
or if your in the Minot area swing by & have a visit with Tanis & I in Mid march at the KX sports show mid March.
O the Umanity

• Total Posts : 1035
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:16 PM ( #30 )
Hi, Monty ...

OK ... if y'all went to Minot ... um ... or if yer goin' there ... I'm gonna guess you cross the border @ Carbury or mebbe even the Peace Garden ... (been a while ... like, 40+ years?) since I wuz in Brandon) ... our farm is about 60 miles east of Bottineau, home town is on ND #5 ... (Rock Lake)

HOWever ... we don't live there now ... frum Minot, we're south and a bit west, about 95 miles from the Magic City ... (Beulah)

Sounds like fun ... tho I'm a bit doubtful as to gettin' to the Minot sports show ... I looked thru my date book (where I keep all my werk records) and I have nuthin' but a KC meeting listed (so far) in March ... chances that I'll make a trip up there are perty slim, but stranger things have happened ... HEY! A friend of mine is gonna help me haul the old Bronco back to RL sum time this spring ... we might sorta kinda decide to swing by there ... 

Whut's the date of the sports show? (I can g00gle it, so don't worry about answerin' quickly) ... I'm gonna guess it'll be later in March, mainly becuz lotsa state HS sports tourneys happen in March, and Minot isn't foolish enuf to schedule the show in competition with those ... I dunno if any of the tournaments are in Minot this year (another thing I can look up), but ... now that I think about it, I think they actually DID that one year ... State BB championships, and the sports show wuz in the Minot Muni ... or @ the fairgrounds ... I fergit which ... 

Remind me of this later, I'm sure to fergit about it ... but that "move the Bronco - no, move BOTH of 'em" weekend MIGHT turn out to match up ...

Sumday we'll manage to meet up ... if not this time, sum other excuse reason ...

talk @ulater

OtU
All of life is six-to-five against, just enough to keep you interested. (Damon Runyan)

Gravity makes all the important decisions ... (John R. Powers)

NRA, REMF, PF, NAHC-L, NAFC-L, KC, NPPA
O the Umanity

Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:21 PM ( #31 )
OK ... looked it up ... March 11-13 @ the Fairgrounds ... that's GOTTA be sum sorta state tourney weekend, but I'm guessin' whichever one it is won't be in Minot ... 

Also easy for us to swing into town on the way back from deliverin' the Broncos to our garage in RL ... 

We'll keep it in mind ... of course, the snow hasta leave a bit before I can get into the back yard to hook onto the trailer that's got the old Bronco loaded onto it ... right now the snow is about two feet deep, and our little electric snowthrower won't handle that ... we'll see how soon "spring" arrives ...
All of life is six-to-five against, just enough to keep you interested. (Damon Runyan)

orduckhunter

• Total Posts : 458
Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Friday, February 04, 2011 10:42 AM ( #32 )
first - Dave - you'll be hunting for all of us on this hunt, but don't let the pressure get to you! ;)
second - O - what Broncos do you have? I'm working on getting my 72 restored and back on the road!
O the Umanity

Re:WINNER CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!! - Friday, February 04, 2011 3:54 PM ( #33 )
We've got a '90 that we bought new (302 & AOD transmission, Victoria look with black & silver trim) ... it's got 267,000+ miles on it, and after puttin' a bit of money into the  motor, tranny & differential/axle, it finally seems to have puked on us ... cracked the third tranny case and that prompted MB(RH?) to suggest that puttin' more into it would not be the smartest thing I've ever done ... HOWever ... that's the farm vehicle (need it to pull the 4x4 & water tank when I'm sprayin' weeds on the CRP), so I wanted to replace it ...

Found an '88 with only 77,000 miles on it ... 351 & supposedly a Police Interceptor package & REGULAR automatic tranny, so the mileage is not the best), it wuz the first 4x4 that local PD had, they sold it to a guy who sold it to another one, he passed away, his grandson ended up with it and din't need it ... 

I don't drive it much, only for farmin' stuff and such ... got an '87 Cavalier wagon for "werk" car and other things ... LIKE the 30+ mpg of that unit!

I'll be haulin' the '90 back home for sum version of "storage" ... the motor needs an EGR valve and that should make it run OK again, but I sorta doubt I'll be spendin' anythin' serious on it to get the tranny fixed ... it's the EXT package, and the "new" one is the cheaper version, so I may be takin' the windows out of the back/topper (they're tinted, the '88 is not, and I've got a bunch of stickers and such on those windows I'd like to keep ... otherwise, if sumbuddy is lookin' for a 302, I'd prolly sell that part, and use the rest of the '90 for parts & such ...

I've also got a '76 IHC Scout (pickup version, not with the full-cover top to the back) and that needs a bit of werk ... stuck valve I think ... that's enuf vehicles for me, bein' as old as I am and not winnin' the lottery and such ...

There's a guy here in town who has a '76 Bronco that's basically immaculate ... he had problems with the 351 so dropped a 400 into it ... but he's got a high price on it, and I merely look @ it when I drive by ...

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33 - powered by ASPPlayground.NET Forum Trial Version

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll
  • Submit Vote
  • Post reward post
  • Delete my own posts
  • Delete my own threads
  • Rate post

© 2000-2009 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.6

Home  |   About U.O.A.  |   Sponsors  |   Outfitter Directory  |   Online Hunts  |   Outfitter News  |   Advertise  |   Contact U.O.A.  |   Legal
For optimal viewing, please disable pop-up blockers and use Internet Explorer Vs. 6.0.
This site requires the Adobe Flash Plugin Vs. 8 or newer.  Download Plugin Here
All pages Copyright 2006 - 2009 United Outfitters Association
Site by United Outfitters Association - FORAHUNT.com